Lately I have been feeling a little down and sad and I can’t help but think that my blog isn’t good enough. Its hard not to compare yourself to others especially on Instagram as everyone’s house and make up looks so nice and polished. It’s hard as I am doing my absolute best but it’s not always easy without a professional camera (I use my iPhone 6) it’s also hard to get access to a computer, I don’t have a laptop and I have to share my husbands gaming pc when he isn’t using it so it can be a struggle. I sometimes end up writing blog posts on my phone via the app and that’s ok. If my blog does progress then those would be the first things that I would look into improving
I don’t want my blog to not be the best that it can be just because I can’t afford equipment right now. I’m just starting out with this blog and I’ve only been doing it for a total 2 months and I want to tell myself don’t be sad because you don’t have a thousands of followers hopefully in time it will come but right now I need to appreciate what i’ve achieved.
- I’ve become a resident blogger for one of my favourite websites Mummy and Little Me who specialise in baby changing bags (my favourite thing). I currently blog for them once a week and this is my proudest achievement.
- I’ve been interviewed live for TalkRadio on the Jonny Gould feat. Ash show. I was approached to do this by their PR on Twitter and it was a great experience and helped to get my name and blog out there.
- I’ve been accepted to be a Mother & Baby Award 2016 tester and I should be receiving my product to review very soon.
- I’ve been mentioned over on the Brit Mums blog, which links back to my breastfeeding blog post.
- I’ve been mentioned on the Winstanleys Pram World Blog – 9 Months and Forever which links back to my Mama Merch blog post.
- I’ve been mentioned by Confessions of a NICU Mum over on her blog which links back to my birth story blog post.
- I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award by Maisies Mum
- My stats so far are 1939 page views and 799 unique visitors. I know this isn’t huge numbers compared to some other blogs out there but remember I’m a newbie, I’m hoping that these figures will continue to grow.
I plan to keep doing what I’m doing and work as hard as I can. I’m plan to up my game in the photography department and I’m also looking to put together my first media pack so that I can hopefully be taken more seriously. I hope that my blog continues to inspire people and grow and i hope that i can work with some great brands in the future.
I’m grateful for every single reader as your support means a lot to me, so if you have got this far then thank you, you are awesome – Jodie x