For my daughters second birthday she got a Amazon kids Kindle Fire tablet, this was because we were sick of her using our iPad. She absolutely loves to watch kids YouTube and play with her favourite apps that’s why we were very happy when Kidloland kindly contacted us asking if we wanted to review their children’s app.
Kidloland is an app aimed at children 0-5 years old and features lots of content for learning through nursery rhymes, songs and games. It makes a great change from some of the rubbish she watches on YouTube (surprise egg videos). We have been using this app for a week now and there is so much content I feel that we have barely scratched the surface.
Why we love it
- it’s age appropriate and very easy to use.
- no ads
- she cant get into the settings or buy anything.
- you can make a playlist of up to 25 songs
- a great way to learn through play.
Any cons? (not really)
- Due to the large volume of content on the app you have to download some of the content this can take anywhere from 0-20 seconds depending on your connection but my daughter is quite impatient and sometimes doesn’t want to wait. If they didn’t do this then the app would take up too much room on your device so it makes sense for them to do it this way.
- if you download a lot of the packs it could take up a lot of room on your phone or tablet, There is a easy way to delete what you have download in the app settings.
Sophia absolutely loves dinosaurs so she was very happy to see a dinosaur category within the app, she has been happily singing along to the dinosaurs jumping on the bed song this morning. She also enjoys matching up the pieces of fruit to make a whole one and feeding it to the monster and playing with the musical petals. There is so much to do it is hard for your little ones to get bored.
Kidloland is available for the following:
The app is free to download and features some free content. To unlock the whole range then you can subscribe to kidloland for £3.99 per month. When you download the app for the first time you can sign up for a 7 day free trial.
I am very happy to announce that I am running a giveaway for a free 3 month subscription to Kidloland for either IOS or Android over on my Instagram page!.
Disclaimer: In return of my honest review we have received a free subscription to this app, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
T&Cs – The competition is open to U.K residents only and must be following both Wigan_mum and Kidloland on Instagram to qualify. The winner will be chosen at random 1 week after the competition starts and will be announced on Instagram. The competition is no way affiliated with Facebook or Instagram. No money alternative to the prize will be offered.