Mumba was founded by Elizabeth Morana who saw a gap in the market for an innovative nursing bra that suited her needs as a busy mum of a 16 month old and a newborn. It isn’t always easy to remember which breast you last offered for a feed and it can be very uncomfortable if your little one keeps un-latching whilst feeding. So Elizabeth created this amazing bra and I’m so happy that she did.
Mumba Bra’s are perfect for:
- Pregnancy, the fact that they have no under wire and are made from a special 4 way stretch material makes this one bra fit you throughout your whole pregnancy when your rib cage and boobs expand. Even when they go back down again this bra is supportive of your new shape.
- Breastfeeding a newborn with your new huge boobs, the material is very stretchy but still very supportive. The genius double clip system tells you which breast to offer next to your baby. This is such a good idea I wish that I would have had this when Sophia was born as I used to write it down on a notepad or record it on a phone app. One side has the numbers 1 & 3 and the other 2 & 4, so when you want to feed you pick the side with the lowest number and when you have finished feeding put the hook back on the highest consecutive number. Or if it’s easier you can use the colour method one hook is white and the other black. Use the black hooks (1 & 4) to remind you that breast is full and the white hooks (2 & 3) for an empty breast. When you have finished feeding return that side hook to a white one and make sure the opposite breast is on a black hook for the next feed.
- Breastfeeding an inquisitive baby who wants to look at their surroundings more than feeding. When you open the bra to feed you will see a jazzy black and white printed area of material, this is made to keep your baby interested in looking forward when feeding to prevent them de-latching to look around. I’ve had a couple of embarrassing episodes of her de-latching in public and milk squirting across a cafe haha.
- Breastfeeding later down the line when your boobs aren’t so porn star like, this material will still be very supportive of your new smaller shape.
- Sleeping in, We co-sleep and I have found this bra very comfortable to sleep in.
I love them because they are unlike any other nursing bra, they recently made the Mother & Baby Awards 2017 short list. Throughout my pregnancy, breastfeeding and beyond my breasts have changed size at least 3 times now and I have had to keep buy new bras which aren’t cheap and I have found getting measured on the high street a nightmare all of its own. This one bra would have fitted me throughout all 3 of those sizes and kept me comfortable and saved me a small fortune. I will include a size chart below so you can see if this bra may be for you.
It may look simple but I think its pretty and it has a lot going on. This white bra that I have is called the ‘Freedom’ bra which is also available in purple, they also have the ‘Comfort’ bra which is available in black.
If you want to purchase one then you can get 15% off using my exclusive discount code – WIGMUM
If you breastfed did you find yourself constantly changing size also? – Jodie x
Disclaimer: I am a brand ambassador for Mumba bras, I was sent this product free of charge. All thoughts and opinions here are my own.