A few years ago there wasn’t a lot of choice changing bag wise especially if you wanted something stylish that you would be happy to carry on a daily basis. So to combat this 3 friends Jessica, Zoe and Alex founded Bellamy Baby in 2014 and designed this gorgeous tote. The design is well thought out and I’ve received lots of compliments on it.
I love it because it 100% looks and feels like a luxury leather handbag. I love the clever design where the sides expand into a chic winged tote to create more room inside the bag. I’m not the only one who agrees, this bag has won a number of awards and featured in The Independent ’10 best baby bags’.
It’s available in 3 designs, leopard, gazelle and the croc. My favourite is black croc which is made from smooth cow leather with a croc print embossing to the front. The leopard and gazelle are currently out of stock but this croc style is still available.
Why I love it:
- It looks nothing like a baby bag. I find myself happily using this as a handbag if I’m out alone.
- It’s nice and light, leather bags are usually quite weighty but this one really surprised me.
- It’s the perfect size! I would class it as a medium bag and when the sides are unzipped you have loads of room.
- It has built-in stroller straps which saves you the expense of buying them separately.
- The changing mat that’s included is nice and large which is great for a baby or toddler. It bugs me how small some of the changing mats are that come with other bags.
- It has a discrete front slip pocket with a magnetic closure. This pocket is perfect for storing you mobile phone.
- It has a clip inside for your keys so you can find them at all times so you are not rummaging around your bag for ages. I actually use this for my coin purse.
- The interior is light in colour so as soon as you open the bag you can immediately see everything and can access what you need quickly. The lining is also waterproof.
- It comes with a removable bottle holder.
- The bag features chunky gold hardware which feels very well made.
- It has metal feet on the undercarriage of the bag to protect it from scuffs and dirt.
Anything that I don’t like?
- The bottle holder isn’t insulated. I’m personally not bothered by this but I can imagine that some people are especially if you are paying for a high-end changing bag.
- I wish that the stroller straps were removable for when I want to use it as a handbag, I also wish that they were a bit shorter but that is just my personal preference and it’s not an issue as I do wrap them around my pram handle 2 or 3 times to secure the bag in place.
Overall I think that this bag is perfect to use from birth all the way up through toddler-hood and beyond. It has space for everything that you may need and it would also last you for many years as you can use it as a handbag long after your child is out of nappies. Also because it’s leather it will only look better with age. This bag retails at £199 which I think is a fair price against its competition, you can purchase it here. – Jodie x
Disclaimer: I was sent this bag free of charge in return for an honest review. As always all thoughts and opinions here are my own.