A decent sun lotion is an absolute essential for any parent. I’ve tried a few different ones over the past 3 years but this year I have found the perfect one. Sun lotions can be expensive so for me it’s important that the one that I buy is suitable for all of the family. I don’t want to carry more than one with me to prevent any excess weight in my bag, I also don’t want to be paying out extra money if we can all share the same one.
My sun lotion of choice is Organic Children by Green People, I first saw it in Gurgle magazine where it was recommended for children with sensitive skin. My daughters skin isn’t necessarily sensitive but it can sometimes be irritated by perfumed products as can mine. Organic Children has lots of positives which is what attracted me to it, they are:
- High protection against UVA and UVB rays.
- It’s made from natural products, 78% of the ingredients are certified as organic. There are no parabens, phthalates, alcohol, lanolin, perfume or colourants any of which could cause skin irritation. This makes it perfect for sensitive skin.
- It’s water-resistant
- Scent free
- Moisturising and soothing on the skin.
- Doesn’t feel greasy.
- Does’t clog pores.
- Great size to keep in my bag, I like that it’s a screw top and not a pump. My last one was a pump bottle which broke off and spilled/stained one of my bags.
- It’s easy to apply.
- It isn’t tested on animals.
- Rich in antioxidants which help to protect the skin from cell damage.
- Green People support the Marine Conservation Society which is a UK charity protecting our seas, shores and wildlife. 30p from the sale of each of these goes straight to the charity.
Overall out of the many sun lotions available I highly trust this one due to the awards that it’s won and from all the great reviews that it’s received. It isn’t the cheapest one out there at £18.50 but I feel that I only need to buy this one for the whole family instead of 2 different ones. The fact that it’s natural, moisturising, has a high level of protection and is waterproof makes it my new go to product. If your child has sensitive skin or suffers with eczema or psoriasis I highly recommend trying this, if you want to try it before committing to it then you can buy some sample sachets directly from the Green People website or if any of your friends use it just ask them if you can you try it, this is something that I have done for my friends.
Which sun lotion are you using this summer? – Jodie x